02 September 2008

School

Today was the first day of class. I didn't go. I realized that every one of my classes meets on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays and that I only have labs on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Since today was one of those days and the class itself hasn't met yet, there was no lab. I was scheduled to work 3 hours this morning. However, since there was a lot to do at work I ended up working 7 which is fine because I didn't really know what I was going to do otherwise while Jeremy was in class. We've been so bored recently even while we're together (or at least I've been so bored recently) that I can't think of anything more to do by myself. I'm sick of reading, sick of movies, and ready to go to class tomorrow because at least it will keep me busy. The marathon is this weekend. I'm starting to get nervous for it. The entire Utah Valley is having a regional conference following it as well.

Next weekend there is a pretty cool opportunity in Spanish Fork that I'd like to go to. It's at the Krishna temple in Spanish Fork (they have a couple events a year) and is the pageant of the Ramayana. We read that story in my World Literature class and talked about the festival, and I think it would be fascinating to actually see it acted out. The climax involves burning a 20 ft tall effigy of Ravana with flaming arrows.

No comments: