21 January 2010

My other blog

I've posted several write-ups of the buggy project on my other blog. I write them there and then post them on a builder's forum Sam and I participate in called minibuggy.net. The blog is http://ttgracing.blogspot.com.
The writeups are somewhat long, but If you've read any of my posts here, you'll know that when I write, I tend to have a lot to say.

Anyway, this short week has been pretty busy. I've been up early all week and have been in the research lab at 8:00 am a couple of times. Dr. Woodbury asked me to be a team leader so I've been in and out of the lab a lot. I enjoy it though. Also, I've been working on three presentations. Each class I'm in has either a grant proposal or review paper at the end of the semester so they have us doing paper presentations or writeup every couple weeks. Today I got up at 6:00 to write a literature summary on the links between microcephaly and human brain evolution. Tommorrow I have a 40 min group presentation on the molecular biology method of immunoprecipitation and a research paper that employs it. After that's done I have a solo 20 minute presentation in lab meeting about the dynamic nature of lipid-bound synaptobrevin. Thats three paper review in less than that many days. By the way, I think my major is really, really cool. This last semester will be a lot of work, but now I can see how it all comes together. I like that.


This is what we study in the lab. Right now, our team grows the proteins we need in e. coli colonies. Soon we're getting a new circular dichroism machine and I'll be splitting my time with that and the regular team stuff.

No comments: