22 July 2009

Application Process

Dear people,
So, It has been quite some time since my last post. Summer has been going well for me. I have mostly been working in the welding shop as well as doing research in the Biophysics lab on campus with Dr. Dixon Woodbury. Our research focuses on the proteins of synaptic vesicle exocytosis. Specifically we are working with SNAP-25. SNAP is an abbreviation for soluble N-ethylmaleimide sensitive fusion attachment protein.
Apart from work and school I have been putting several hours of work into the buggy each week. Currently frame is done, the wheels and suspension are on, the steering is set up, and the engine is in place. Now we just have the small detail stuff to put on. Its the kind of stuff that takes time but doesn't seem very impressive. I hope to have it drivable before fall semester starts. That is possible.
Yesterday my MCAT scores were released. I was happy with them and they should be good enough to get me into my first choices. We would like to go to UC Davis as they have a great Food Science grad program that Alexandria is interested in. My next choice would be UC San Diego. I am going to apply to most of the UC medical schools as I have residency in California. We are interested in completing medical school while using the Navy HPSP (Health Professions Scholarship Program). This program pays for tuition and fees while also providing a monthly stipend. Afterwards, I would serve active duty in the Navy Medical Corps for four years with a rank as a commissioned officer. It will allow us to finish Medical school without debt, which is great but, I also think that serving in the Navy Medical corps will be a truly rewarding experience.
Anyways, thats my current life situation.
Jeremy

1 comment:

Barbie said...

so so excited for you. I loved when you called yesterday and said, "the engine is in the buggy." I hope to hear that in years ahead. hehe.

Love you both and looking forward to boogie boarding in a few weeks. Yipee!

Mom